31 Advocating for Play
In this section of the text, you will find information about advocating for play. These resources will help you as you consider how you can advocate for the importance of play to your family and/or the community.
Advocacy Organizations- These organizations focus their work on projects that provide children with opportunities for high quality play.
- Alliance for Childhood
- Defending the Early Years
- Campaign for a Commercial Free Childhood
- Teachers Resisting Unhealthy Children’s Environments
- Playing Out
Events- These events encourage schools, families, and children to take time for play.
Play Plans- Thinking about developing a play plan? Check out these resources for examples.
Resources Designed for Families
- Play Today: A Guide for Families by The Ministry of Education of British Columbia
- Family Resources from Play Scotland